What is EITC?
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania enacted the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program in 2001 in order to allow businesses to support education in Pennsylvania. Through the EITC program, certain businesses can make donations to a school’s EITC-registered scholarship fund and, in return, receive a credit against their Pennsylvania taxes that would otherwise be due.
Holy Sepulcher is part of the Pittsburgh Diocese’s registered EITC fund: The Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship Program, Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Is your business eligible to participate in the EITC program?
A business is eligible to participate in the EITC program if the business pays one of the following Pennsylvania taxes:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax
- Personal Income Tax of S Corp shareholders and Partnership partners in a general or limited partnership
How does your business apply to participate in the EITC Program?
A business applies to participate by completing a simple one-page application form (called Appendix 1-SO). The form must be completed electronically online through the Department of Community and Economic Development’s (DCED) website. Assistance is also available through our School Office by calling 724-586-5022 or sending an email email@example.com.
How does the EITC program work to benefit Holy Sepulcher Families?
Please help us build and strengthen Holy Sepulcher School and Parish Community by participating in the EITC program:
- If a business donates money to Holy Sepulcher School through the EITC program, that money is used to provide financial aid to students who qualify through the Private School Aid Service (PSAS).
- As more students are able to come to Holy Sepulcher, the total student population grows, which then allows for the overall reduction of every family’s tuition
If you have any questions or need more information, contact the School Office at 724-586-5022 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.