Tuition Assistance Program
Financial Assistance is available at Holy Sepulcher School to those students who are unable to pay the full amount of tuition.
Aid applications for the 2018-2019 school year will be processed by FACTS Management. Families applying for tuition aid may do so by using this ONLINE LINK. Applications are due by March 15, 2018.
Students are evaluated for each grant program whose criteria they meet. A Pastor Signature Sheet must be submitted by Catholic families to be considered for grants from the Bishop's Education Fund. Other grant programs include funding from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) programs.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637.
All information submitted on your application or in support of it will be treated in the utmost confidence.
If you have any questions or need more information about tuition assistance, please talk with the principal or pastor personally at 724-586-5022 or send an email to email@example.com.
Available Financial Assistance
1. Bishop’s Educational Fund (for students from the Pittsburgh Diocese) — tuition assistance for Catholic students is based on financial need.
This grant program, with funds first disbursed in the 1995-96 school year, is for Catholic students in grades K-12 attending eligible schools and registered in eligible parishes. A list of the parishes and schools is included. Catholic families applying for this fund must have a pastor signature on page 4 or as directed on the website using a supplemental form. As noted, parents using a paper application may ask their pastor to sign a partially completed form that does not contain their financial information. A pastor’s signature only confirms that the family is Catholic based on the following canonical criteria: a) the child is baptized; b) the family is registered in the parish; and c) the family attends Mass regularly and uses parish envelopes. Signing the form does not commit a parish to any financial obligation for aid.
2. Scholastic Opportunity Scholarships (EITC) (SOS) — funded from donations from businesses participating in the PA tax credit program and open to any student, Catholic or non-Catholic, in grades PK to 8. There are specific income guidelines. Families applying for this aid must also use the PSAS form (see above).
This program, established by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with funds first disbursed in the 2002-03 school year, is open to any student, Catholic or non-Catholic, in grades PK to 12 residing in Pennsylvania and attending any eligible Catholic school in the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
3. Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) - This program of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, began in the 2013-14 school year. Only families with students residing within the attendance boundaries of low-achieving schools, as determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, are eligible. Instructions are contained in the application and grants will depend upon the amount of donations received.
4. Holy Sepulcher School Aid — need-based financial assistance awarded by Holy Sepulcher School as funds are available..
5. Armstrong Community Foundation — http://www.servingtheheart.org/eitc/eitc-k-12-scholarship/. If you need a copy of this application, it is also available through the school office. The deadline is June each year, however, it is best to apply as early as possible.
Each year approximately 60 students receive tuition assistance!
If you have any questions or need more information about tuition assistance, please talk with the principal or pastor personally at 724-586-5022 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also complete the below online form, notign the required (*) fields. When you click "Submit" at the bottom, you will receive an email from Holy Sepulcher Catholic School confirming your query has been sent.